Re: [Xen-users] I/O hangs with Xen 3.0.1 on Dell poweredge

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] I/O hangs with Xen 3.0.1 on Dell poweredge
From: Otto Jongerius <otto.jongerius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:21:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:23:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:35:34AM +0000, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
> I can boot dom0 and create and start other domains.  Unfortunately,
> whenever I do anything involving much disk access, or so it appears,
> the kernel appears to hang.  I have a DELL DRAC card (for what it's
> worth), and I can get in on the serial console and use SysRq to
> send commands to the hung system, so I know the kernel is still
> responding, but all ssh sessions active on dom0 or on any other
> domain hang.  The syslog shows no message before the reboots,
> and there are no particular error messages in xend.log.

Not a solution, but a workaround:

I had the same problem and "fixed" it by passing "nousb" to domain0
(which I don't really need on my servers anyway):

title Xen 3.0 NoUSB
root            (hd0,1)
kernel /xen-3.0.1.gz dom0_mem=400000
module /xen-linux-2.6.12.6-xen root=/dev/md0 ro console=tty0 nousb
module /xen-modules-2.6.12.6-xen
savedefault
boot

Adding ignorebiostables to the domainU's should work too. See this
post for more info:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/12254

Best regards,

--