Re: [Xen-users] xen on amd64 or intel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen on amd64 or intel
From: Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:49:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:52:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 10 March 2006 9:23 am, Daniel Goertzen wrote:
> and pacifica extensions will do nothing for you.  Also (someone correct
> me if I'm wrong), Xen aware linux is faster than fully virtualized linux.

i guess you're right on this, and also there are some limitations on the qemu
emulation of hard drive controllers.  i'm not sure if it's the same on Xen,
but at least qemu 0.8 doesn't do LBA48, therefore the virtual drives are
limited to 137GB (or 128GiB)

--
Javier