[Xen-users] Problem booting domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem booting domU
From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:31:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 08:32:34 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        I have just installed xen 3.0.1 in a debian sarge system. After some
days of trying with binary distribution of xen, I found a debian  sarge
backport at http://packages.debianbase.de/sarge/i386/xen3, and this is
the one I have installed.

        I have compiled my dom0's custom kernel (I had to do it because the
"standard" one doesn't boot in my dell poweredge 750). Basically, the
difference between the standard and mine is that I have included
megaraid in the kernel, not as a module). With this custom kernel I have
running my dom0.

        The problem I have is what domU. I created a debian system for domU
(with debootsrap) and I compiled a new custom domU kernel. This kernel
is the same as dom0 but I have also include raid support in the kernel
(not as a module, in dom0 I have it as a module).

        The problem I have is that I can't boot this domU, because I get the
error:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(8,1)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(8,1)

        I have tried to boot domU with the same kernel as dom0, but I get the
same behaviour.

        Any help?

PS: attached is the full log I get when I try to boot domU and the
configuration of this domU.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática