[Xen-users] Properly workstations and laptops

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Properly workstations and laptops
From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:07:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:38:41 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Without exploring the hardware jungle from Intel and AMD, I wonder if it is possible to set up some guidelines or tip over properly, current and coming hardware Q2/Q3 to run Xen for both Linux and Windows.

- medium to high (not extreme) workstations and laptops
-- i.e. Pentium D 9xx or Xeon dual core, VT and 32/64 bit
-- i.e AMD 64 or Opteron dual core, Pasifica *)

*) Just read that Pasifica will support virtualized I/O not available yet in VT. Will this be important for Xen?

Terje J. Hanssen