RE: [xen-users] kernel 2_6_15_4 and xen 2.0.7 ?

To: "Waeyenbergh, Sven" <Sven.Waeyenbergh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [xen-users] kernel 2_6_15_4 and xen 2.0.7 ?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:41:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:42:22 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pci passthrough is available in unstable, but I beleive it's not available in 3.0.1. So should be available in 3.0.2 when it comes out.

You'd need to figure out what bits need patching in 2.6.15-4 kernel, as the kernel needs to be modified to work with Xen. At the moment, there isn't anyone working on porting later kernels to 2.0.x, as it's seen as more important to work on 3.0.x [and I think this is right, but obviously, this is subject to personal standpoint and what purpose Xen is used for].

--
Mats