[Xen-users] Hypervisor crashes while restoring saved domU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Hypervisor crashes while restoring saved domU
From: "Velazquez, Jesus" <jesus.velazquez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:12:29 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:25:51 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

help

Hi, I’m working with Xen 3.0.1 and I have the following problem:

I’m running Xen in a VT enabled Intel processor, I have successful installed a Fedora Core 4 32 bits Guest using VT. But the

Network interface doesn’t appear in the Guest. I mean, running the commands “ifconfig –a” doesn’t show any eth0 interface just lo.

In the /sys/class/net directory there is not any ethX interface and neither in the dmesg log appears nothing about eth0.

Finally when I run the command: lspci –v, there are the following devices:

Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX

ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB

IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371SB

VGA compatible controller: Cirrus Logic GD

And anything about a Network interface.

What can I do?, running a Linux Paravirtualized Guest (xenU) shows the interface eth0 without any problem.

I adjusted the .config file for the xen0 domain. I added EHCI support and USB mass storage, and also support for SMP machines.

I did it using the following command:

In the xen directory:

make linux-2.6-xen0-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig

make linux-2.6-xen0-build

make linux-2.6-xen0-install

And reboot.

What options are needed in the .config file for Xen0 in order to create the virtual network devices in the VMX guests?

Thanks

Jesus