Re: [Xen-users] Xen and name based virtual hosting?

To: Winfried Kuiper <kuiper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen and name based virtual hosting?
From: Eric Peterson <srcfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:21:17 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:32:42 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2/9/06, Winfried Kuiper <kuiper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to set up name based
virtual hosts (domains) with Xen?
I have read that every domain get's
its own IP address. Is it possible
to set up a Xen Server with one
global IP address for all the virtual
hosts (domains)?

I think it depends on what you want to host.  I searched for solutions and found that I could use an Apache reverse proxy to serve web pages based on host name resolution.  I was hoping to be able to do the same for SSH and such, but I wasn't able to find a good solution.  I'm not saying there isn't one, but I don't know of one.

Instead, we found that blocks of IPs were relatively cheap from our ISP so we will be working with a NATed solution.

Cheers,
Eric