[Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0 and Gentoo: basic network issues

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0 and Gentoo: basic network issues
From: Nathan Tibbetts <nttibbetts@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:44:42 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:56:24 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  The appropriate e1000 drivers are comiled into the kernel, not as modules. Also they do show up under ifconfig and lspci, and of course the drivers wouldn't show up under lsmod since I compiled them into the kernel. And RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING is already set to "no" in my /etc/conf.d/rc file.
  I'm able to manipulate the ethernet ports as far as giving them IP addresses and such, it's just that when I try even just a simple connection between two computers and manually set both IP addresses, I can't make any kind of connection, as far as Xen is concerned nobody is at the other end.

I'll have to try reseting the BIOS as suggested, though I don't see how that'll work since the ports work perfectly fine when I reboot into Gentoo

Thanks for the responses so far