[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.1: network doesn't work

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.1: network doesn't work
From: Jussi Hamalainen <Jussi.Hamalainen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:13:46 +0200 (EET)
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:24:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just compiled 3.0.1 from sources (make world; make install) and
booted it. The subject sais it all. The network doesn't work. At all.

My testing box is an AMD Sempron 2600+ on an Asus A7V880 motherboard.
It has an integrated gigabit ethernet (sk98lin driver) and an Intel
E1000 Pro/MT.

When I boot dom0, the network drivers are loaded and the interfaces
are recognised and initialized. I can configure both eth0 and eth1
using ifconfig, but I can't get them to actually communicate
anything.

I pulled 2.6.15-xen from linux-2.6-xen.hg and with that I get
networking in dom0. However, as a domU it can't find any VBDs and
thus won't boot. 2.6.12.6-xenU will boot, but the network is really
broken.

>From within the domU, I can ping other hosts on the network, but TCP
connections seem to fail (eg. trying to log into the domU via SSH).

--
Jussi Hämäläinen         +358 3 3551 8086   University of Tampere
System administrator     +358 50  5900641   Computer Centre