Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

To: Markus Hochholdinger <Markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI
From: Arnd Schmitter <arnd_xen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:34:21 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:44:23 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
Hi,

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 14:52 schrieben Sie:
Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
[..]
During the last few days. I've started to experiment with GNBD and CLVM.
CLVM is usefull for the situation, where you've exported a VG to more
than one host and want to modify it (create a LV). Without CLVM, the
other host wont know the change until it is told to resync (via vgchange).

doesn't gnbd recognize size changes? If you export logical volumes (lvm2) from the storage server(s) with gnbd you are able to resize the logical volumes!? Do the gnbd clients notice the changes?

I haven't given a clear answer. Sorry. In my setup. I exported the physical device. And on the imported end, there i configured a LVM. So i import on all DOM0 Hosts the physical device only. If i know create a LV, it exitsts automaticly on all other hosts.
So the LV for the DomU will be exported via the local block device backend.
Greets Arnd

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de