[Xen-users] Re: Ubuntu: "no more processes left in this runlevel"

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 03:39:37PM -0500,
 SLB Xen Dev <xendev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> Have you tried booting into single user mode

Good advice. I always think of trying single-user when I debug a
physical machine but I forgot to try it with a virtual box.

> to see if everything (particularly stuff in /dev) is where it ought
> to be?  Have you checked your inittab and fstab to be sure there
> aren't any errors?

Good advice again, the Howto
(http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/UbuntuHoaryHowTo) says
"/etc/inittab: comment out the virtual TTY lines, such as
2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2" but it does not warn that you
must keep the first line, to have at least one TTY. Now, it works
fine, many thanks.