[Xen-users] dom0 No. of cpu limit

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] dom0 No. of cpu limit
From: Sipos Ferenc <frank@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:21:59 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:30:22 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guys,

I've been setting up Xen on a dual Opteron box as I mentioned in my
previous emails. Now all pieces seem to come together so I actually
started to pay more attention to balancing available resources between
domains. I started at the CPU.

My question is if I set '(dom0-cpus 1)' in xend-config.sxp then why can
I see dom0 using both processors when runnging 'xm vcpu-list 0'?

root@jeff:/etc# xm vcpu-list 0
Name                              ID  VCPU  CPU  State  Time(s) Affinity
Domain-0                           0     0    0   -b-     548.4  any cpu
Domain-0                           0     1    1   r--     365.1  any cpu

What I do until I find a solution to the above mentioned problem(?) is I
pin each vcpu of dom0 to the first physical cpu:

root@jeff:/etc# xm vcpu-pin 0 0 0
root@jeff:/etc# xm vcpu-pin 0 1 0
root@jeff:/etc# xm vcpu-list 0
Name                              ID  VCPU  CPU  State  Time(s) Affinity
Domain-0                           0     0    0   r--     551.2  0
Domain-0                           0     1    0   ---     367.7  0

Is pinning dom0's vcpus the solution to what I'd like to achieve at all?
Any ideas howto make this change permanent? Is there any way to make
dom0 see only 1 vcpu?

Any suggestions, ideas, hints are welcome.
Thanks,
Frank

PS: Debian 3.1 + self compiled Xen-3.0.0 (x86_64)