[Xen-users] 3ware 9550SX - Xen-3.0.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] 3ware 9550SX - Xen-3.0.0
From: Ferenc Sipos <frank@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:19:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:27:36 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guys,

I'm about to set up Xen on a dual Opteron server backed with SATA
storage which is driven by a 3ware 9550SX controller.

The problem is that as linux-2.6.12.6 has no support for this type of
card by default, so I need to download & compile the driver the vendor
provides. I did so (for the kernel 2.6.12.6-xen0) and generated an
initrd image which gets loaded properly at bootime, but whenever the
3w-9xxx.ko module is loaded it all I get in addition to a bunch of dump
is 'Aiee, killing interrupt handler...' and my boot process gets stuck.

Any ideas how I can compile a third party driver to support my ARCH=xen
kernel and the Hypervisor 'underneath' it? Is it feasible at all?

Thanks for any hints and suggestions.

Frank