[Xen-users] Memmory "leak" using 32bit userspace with 64bit Xen kernel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Memmory "leak" using 32bit userspace with 64bit Xen kernel
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:12:02 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:26:27 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear list,

more fun with my Athlon64 X2, running Xen3.0.0-64bit (binaries from
xensource) when using the provided DomU kernel to run 32bit userspace
(debian sarge 3.1).

Something on my 32bit DomUs keeps on allocating about 8byte/sec of
committed memmory. After less than 5 days this results in 1.8GB of
committed_as memmory. This is not used memory, just allocated, so this
is not realy a problem but the memory-usage graphes look kind of broken.

I can kill all userspace processes, but init and the bash I'm using
and the memmory is still allocated.

This does not happen when using 64bit userspace (debian sarge, too).

- has anyone seen this, too
- has anyone an idea how i might fix this?

Thanks a lot,
    Goetz.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de