Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.x and physdev_dom0_hide

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.x and physdev_dom0_hide
From: Alexander Wilms <alex.wilms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:01:28 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:09:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Hi all,
> >
> > today I had to find out that Xen 3.0 doesn't support the
> > physdev_dom0_hide boot-option.
> > My current Xen-servers use this feature heavily and I think
> > it is one of the best features of Xen.
> >
> > Does anybody know if this feature will be reintegrated in
> > later 3.x.x releases?
> > During my research in the documentation, wiki, TODO-list and
> > changelogs I couldn't find a definite answer.
>
> I don't think there's a definite plan for WHEN this will be done, but
> from what I've understood, it's coming in for the next "big" release.
>
> --
> Mats

Hi Mats,

thanks for your fast reply. At least if gives some hope to get this feature
back.

But does anybody know an official roadmap or TODO list that mentions the
physdev_dom0_hide-feature?

Because I wonder if I just can wait or whether I have to start thinking about
a migration strategy for my Xen hosts.

Thanks,
Alex