[Xen-users] Corrupted MAC on input errors on large SCP to a DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Corrupted MAC on input errors on large SCP to a DomU
From: Steven Ellis <mail_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:21:34 +1300
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:29:42 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have seen this occur a number of times when performing very large
transfers from a desktop to/from a DomU

Current configuration

Dom0 - Debian 3.1 + Xen 2.0.7

DomU - RHEL4 U2 - TLS is still enabled.

All networking is 100Mb Full duplex, and there are no network errors on
any of the domain. Using plain vanilla bridge mode networking but using
a random MAC address rather than a fixed MAC.

Example of the error is

user@localhost > rsync -av  very_large_file domu:/media/archive/
building file list ... done
very_large_file
Received disconnect from 10.0.0.2: 2: Corrupted MAC on input.
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes: phase "unknown"
[sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (121821 bytes received so far)
[sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)

Anyone else ever seen this issue?

Steve