Re: [Xen-users] dom0_mem larger than 838424

To: Xen User List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] dom0_mem larger than 838424
From: "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:37:06 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:57:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 00:30 +0100, br.jansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Xen 2.0.7 now for about a dozen VM's. We are running some heavy
> applications on
> all of those so I would like to be able to have a Dom0 system with memory
> larger than
> 1024MB.
>
> Now when I specify a dom0_mem=1048576, Xen does only assigns 838424kB. We
> even use
> 5120MB in our servers at the moment.
>
> Is there a way to get more memory assigned to the Dom0 system?

<snip>
I would guess that you need to enable high memory support in the kernel
under processor options.  Out of curiosity (I am very new to Xen), why
would you need that much memory in the dom0? I would think you would
want it in the domUs - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com
--
John A. Sullivan III
Strategist