Re: [Xen-users] Suggestions for the xen user's manual / wiki

To: Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Suggestions for the xen user's manual / wiki
From: Sipos Ferenc <frank@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:56:18 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:02:39 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ralph Passgang wrote:
> I had exactly this problem on one testing box. Changing the mtu should help,
> but better is to use xen-3.0-testing. This bug is fixed in xen-3.0-testing.
> why it's not in the faq? probably because the most users won't see this on
> xen
> 3.0.0 release, just on some configuration this seems to happen.
> and also this is not a long term issue and that's probably why not worth to
> be
> mentioned in the faq.

I completely disagree with such an attitude. If a bug exists and there's
a known workaround to handle/get around it, it should definitely be
published in some sort of documentation/FAQ/whatever easily accessible
for masses. If I intend to run Xen in a production environment I'm not
about to use newly implemented, not comprehensively tested
functionalities (I assume, that's what the '-testing' tag is for) just
to avoid a glitch that normally can be handled with minimal effort.

So please someone having enough experience to update FAQ/Wiki, add it.

Thanks in advance.
Frank