RE: [Xen-users] Kernel panic on bootup of Dom0

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Kernel panic on bootup of Dom0
From: "Xen-users" <listxenusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:08:12 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:14:13 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt scribbled on 05 January 2006 20:27:
>> I've performed a fresh install of Fedora 4 on a Dell PowerEdge 1655MC
>> (Blade) server.  Xen has been installed but whenever I try to boot
>> the Xen kernel I get a kernel panic and the server reboots.  It
>> looks like it's a problem detecting the SCSI drives but I could be
>> wrong.
>
> It's most likely an irq routing issue. It's been a long time since
> I've booted Xen on a Pentium III, but I imagine it works OK in
> general.
>
> It would be usefuk if you could post a diff between the native kernel
> on the xen test CD booting vs. one of the xen kernels.

Thanks for the reply Ian.

I'll have to give the xen test CD a try because tbh I haven't booted
from that to test.  I've been installing this blade server remotely
using a serial connection so it isn't quite as straightforward as
bunging in a CD.  In some ways thats good - these servers are pretty
loud! ;-)

I don't suppose anyone else on this list has a 1655MC that they could
try the xen test CD on to see if it works??  Unlikely but worth a shot.

Thanks,

Matt.