RE: [Xen-users] XEN for Debian Installer development

To: "Ondra Medek" <ondrejm@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XEN for Debian Installer development
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:36:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:44:24 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It doesn't work unless you have hardware virtual machine support, HVM,
(AMD SVM or Intel VT) in the processor. The para-virtualization that Xen
implements requires the OS to be modified, and it does not support
booting straight from a physical device.

It should be possible to boot from a CD-ROM in a HVM system, and install
onto a virtual partition.

--
Mats