Re: [Xen-users] User access to "xm console"

To: Derrik Pates <demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] User access to "xm console"
From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:34:36 +0530
Cc: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:09:36 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Derrik,

Would you mind sharing your custom script ?

On 1/2/06, Derrik Pates <demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
I've gone to the length of adding code to my custom domU provisioning
script to set up a plain user for each created domain, with the GECOS
field containing the full name of the domain to attach to. Each of them
is a member of a group (I call it 'vscons'). I assign these users a
shell of /usr/local/bin/xencons-sh, which contains the following:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/sbin/xm console $(getent passwd $(id -u) | cut -d ':' -f 5)

That way, the users in question can't do anything other than attach to
the console of their Xen instance, and disconnection means immediate logout.

Keep in mind that Xen 3 requires a different script, as the domU
consoles are done quite differently than they were in 2.0.x.

Thanks for the nice script.

regards,

Anand