Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

To: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface
From: Jean-David Silberzahn <jds@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:09:17 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:14:20 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anand a écrit :

While going through the manual i came to know that xend has an http interface which can be used to interact with xen. However searching on the lists and googling only resulted in 3-4 posts on the devel list which still didn't have any information on the same.

Is anyone using it ... ?

We are using this interface to control the xend daemon. With this interface, you can do quite everything you can with the xm tool. For example to destroy a domain, you can do a HTTP POST request on this url :
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/domain-name
with parameter
op=destroy
To create a domainU, you can do a POST request on this url :
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
with parameter
op=create&config=s-expression
s-expression is the xen configuration format (you can look at it making a xm list -l for example)
To list started domains :
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
or
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1

The http server don't exactly map xm commands however : to boot a new server, you have 2 or 3 operations to do when using the http server :
create, wait_for_devices and unpause

The xend HTTP interface is accessible via a TCP socket or via an Unix socket (way used by xm in xen-3.0)

--
Jean-David Silberzahn

ADVISEO
http://www.adviseo.fr/