[Xen-users] Re: problems with xen installation

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: problems with xen installation
From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:13:42 +0530
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:48:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I downloaded centos 4.2 image from xen-get and used its config to create a new domain.

Here is the cfg

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen"
memory = 128
name = "centos.4-2"
nics = 1
dhcp = "dhcp"
disk = ['file:/root/xen/centos/centos.4-2.img,sda1,w', 'file:/root/xen/centos/centos.swap,sda2,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

The kernel is the same kernel which is booting the machine.

Now when i run xm create /etc/xen/centos.402.xen.cfg, i get the following:

Using config file "/etc/xen/centos.4-2.xen.cfg".
Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

Any help would be really appreciated.