[Xen-users] New XEN user question

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] New XEN user question
From: "Mark Hargrove" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:42:06 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:46:09 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to get XEN 3 running under SuSE 10 on an AMD 64 x2 4800-based system.  I have configured my menu.lst file as indicated by several "how-to" documents out there, and the system begins booting and proceeds quite far into the boot process and then hangs when it tries to activate the ethernet card.  Specifically, just before it hangs,I get  messages telling me that it has no definitions for 'veth0' or 'vif0' emits the message "Waiting on mandatory device eth0", and then hangs.  The system boots the normal SuSE 10 kernel (2.6.14) just fine.  I quite recently downloaed a bunch of new XEN updates via YAST, so I believe I have the latest images.

I'm sure that more information is needed if someone is going to help me, but I'm so new to this that I don't even know what to post.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mark Hargrove