[Xen-users] Problem starting many domUs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem starting many domUs
From: Luke <secureboot@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:10:15 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:12:35 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to start somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 domUs on one machine.

However, once i have a dom0 and 8 domUs running, the next domU i try to start pauses boot on the error:
NET: Registered protocol family 17
IP-Config: Incomplete network configuration information.

I don't get any errors from xm create, but the domU stops booting at that line.

I'm running debian sarge
I've checked that the appropriate /dev/loop* devices exist (up through 20 or so)

My lsmod reads:
ipt_physdev             3120  9
iptable_filter          3520  1
ip_tables              20704  2 ipt_physdev,iptable_filter

so the loop device isn't present, which means its in the kernel, right? I've put max_loop=64 on the module line in menu.lst, which fixed errors i was having earlier saying a VBD device didn't exist.

I don't specify anything about networking in the config file I'm using, just taking the defaults. I use the exact same config (except for name) for all domUs that i'm starting (it's actually a script that just passes the script args on the command line). It's the same for all domUs, but the 9th one always fails this way.

Any ideas what I need to do here?  More info needed?