Re: [Xen-users] SCSI and ATA not working in Linux-Dom0 (Xen 3.0)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SCSI and ATA not working in Linux-Dom0 (Xen 3.0)
From: Frank Burkhardt <fbo2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:00:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:02:26 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 06:32:49PM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:

[snip]

> >  Cannot open root device "sda2" or unknown-block(0,0)
>
> That's pretty odd. I'd have put money on you putting the acpi=off line
> on the kernel command line rather than Xen's, but it looks like you have
> it right.
>
> Have you checked to see whether there's a BIOS update that fixes the
> acpi issues? Turning acpi off should only be used as a last resort.

There are no updates - this mainboard is ancient.

> Also, have you tried booting from the demo CD and having a poke around.
> Does it see your hardware OK?

I'll download the CD an try but it'll take some time (slow DSL :-( ).

Unfortunally I've got the same problem
   * on a different computer (Athlon64 based)
   * using a Dom0-Kernel with ACPI 100% disabled

Regards,

Frank