Re: [Xen-users] Building Wiki for clustering using GFS and Debian

To: PAINCHAUD Christophe <cpainchaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Building Wiki for clustering using GFS and Debian
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:37:06 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:37:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Christophe, hi all,

finally I managed to setup a wiki site for xen clustering. The goal is documenting the various cluster techniques and their use in xen environments with detailled howtos. Everybody with either experience in this field or just motivation and enough interest in playing around is invited to contribute.

The wiki can be found at www.xencluster.org. I have used mediawiki, the software they use at wikipedia. I quite love it. If there would have been a better choice this can be changed, of course. Any feedback is welcome. At the moment there is nothing in there besides a weak welcome. :-) But we could start with detailling out Christophes howto.

If there is interest, I can also set up a dedicated mailing list and discussion board.

Dirk

PAINCHAUD Christophe schrieb:

Hi,

Well, I am not the author as well, but putting up a wiki on clustering with xen should be no problem. The document Christophe put up gives a good overview on what way to take (thanks for that, Christophe), but a more detailled howto would prevent lots of similar posts on this list.
Thank you :) I agree with you.

So the questions are:
1. Christophe, is it okay if other people work on a more detailed howto based on your document?
I would be glad to help and share my work.

2. Who would like to put work in a xen clustering wiki?
Count me in.

3. What wiki platform would the community prefer? I tend to love wikimedia (I could put up an extra site for that), but we could also integrate it into the xensource-wiki.
I know a bit of Wikimedia, but I never really worked on a wiki.

Let us know when and where you create the wiki. I will create a mirror of it
at the same time. Let's start to put everyone's experience in a single doc
:)

Regards,

Christophe PAINCHAUD