[Xen-users] Fedora xen install on ECS motherboard

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Fedora xen install on ECS motherboard
From: Mike Langhorst <mike.langhorst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:11:04 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:11:03 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I'm trying to get xen running on my Fedora system.  I've downloaded the unstable binary install from xensource.  When I boot into the dom0 domain it seems that it is trying to load an intel e100 module instead of the sis900 module loaded when booting off the non-xen kernel.

After using the install.sh script I went to /lib/modules/2.6.12.6-xen0, there was already a modules.dep so I didn't touch the file, then after "cd .." did the mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.12.6-xen0.img 2.6.12.6-xen0 and added the corresponding line to /etc/grub.conf.

When I rebooted the only network devices I had were the loopback and xenbr0.  Using lsmod I didn't have any network devices loaded.  I see errors in the messages file stating that its loading e100 driver.  Is this compatible with teh SiS chipset network device on the motherboard?  Is there some way to change this?  I went into the 2.6.12.6-xen directory and under kernel/drivers/ there was a sis900.ko file, but not under 2.6.12.6-xen0.  Is this needed or am I way off the mark here.

I tried the rpm install, but the domU always crashes when I try and start it, and the quickstart page mentions known instability issues with the current kernels, so I figured I'd try the latest download directly from Xen.

Thanks,
Mike