Re: [Xen-users] Making the kernel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Making the kernel
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:38:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:38:08 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 28 November 2005 17:37, Bart Braem wrote:
> I am trying to run Xen on a Gentoo. I have downloaded the sources and did a
> make all but that doesn't create anything in /boot.
> Is there any special command I should run? Or should I do something special
> in the kernel config? Without the xen.gz things are getting difficult...

Well, to get it running at first try to simply
"emerge xen", emerge "xen-sources"
that would install the hypervisor in /boot/xen.gz and a xen-patched linux
source tree in /usr/src

depending on what you unmasked, you'll get a 2.0.7 or some (older) 3.0
snapshot.

if you need a fresher snapshot, have a look at the ebuilds and do things the
same way, or simply create a new ebuild for the current snapshot.

And,

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Xen

has step-by-step instructions for installing xen + making the nptl glibc Xen
compatible.

/Ernst