[Xen-users] Problem in reducing the memsize of Dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem in reducing the memsize of Dom0
From: Amitayu Das <amitayudas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:46:21 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:46:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm having problem in reducing the memory-size for Dom0. I got it running after compiling the xen-unstable source code on FC4. The domain0 starts fine and I can start DomU also. Initially, Dom0 starts with default memory (although I'm not sure what that is). However, if I get the following when trying to reduce the memory-size for Dom0 as I needed more memory for the DomU's.

#xm list
Name
    ID           Mem(MiB) VCPUs  State  Time(s)
Domain-0     0      581     1          r----- 12353.5
# xm mem-max 0 384
Error: domain_setmaxmem() takes no keyword arguments

I tried to set a lower value of memory-size (384MB) by putting that value inside grub entry, which did not help. Can anyone suggest any solution?

Thanks,
Amitayu