Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 with PAE

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 with PAE
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:05:56 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:05:59 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sunday 20 November 2005 10:11, Andrew Turnbull wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am trying to get Xen 3 working on my Server, When it boots it comes
> up with "PAE mode mismatch between xen and DOM0 (xen=n, DOM0=y)"
>
> I installed from Source
> Its based on Centos 4.2 (minmal install)
> The machine is a QUAD Xeon 2 Ghz with 16GB RAM
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Just as the error message says: xen itself and all kernels running under it
have to be compiled with the same high memory model, that is, all 64bit, or
all PAE or all without it, limiting them to three point something gigs of
ram.

Just recompile the xen hypervisor with PAE support, and you should be good to
go.

Not 100% sure here, but " make clean ; make XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE=y " should do
the trick.

If you don't need that much RAM, you also could recompile your kernels without
PAE (the option is named HIGHMEM_something in menuconfig).

/Ernst