Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignor

To: andrei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mjdeepak@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring
From: "Ian W" <iw05t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:07:08 -0500
Bcc:
Cc: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:07:27 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the late reply. I have been trying out other stuff in setting up Xen. The hardware interface did have the HWADDR there but could somehow not be initialized.

Although the driver seemed to be in the kernel configuration already, I decided to re-patch the driver with a patch I used 5 months ago. Now the network interface can be initialized properly, i.e. gets the static IP addresses that the host used to get, the default gateway etc. but I still can't get out (can't ping anyone on my LAN or anyone outside).

But yeah, the "Dom0 eth0 has different MAC..." is fixed. Thanks!
-Ian