Re: [Xen-users] booting into gentoo

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] booting into gentoo
From: Matthew Walster <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:02:01 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:20:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sunday 30 October 2005 01:44, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Claus Ladekjær Wilson wrote:
> > I have come so far as building everything from source using xen-2.0.7 and
> > kernel 2.6.11.12-xen0, everything done by the install script for me.
> > The boot process ends just before the kernel should start. How can I boot
> > my kernel. I don't get any information on the screen.
> > Last message is
> > (XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch input
> > to Xen).
> > and then system halts
>
> I had the same problem.  Never found a solution.  I will be addressing
> the problem again as soon as I get new hardware.

Make sure you have your initrd set up correctly, this was the fault I had with
the need for the cciss module on boot. If you don't use an initrd, make sure
that the kernel you have has those modules - it sounds stupid, but I've done
that a couple times...

Matthew Walster