RE: [Xen-users] xen 2.0 migrate bug?

To: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen 2.0 migrate bug?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:03:05 +0100
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:00:22 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I just accidentally trashed a domU by overwriting it with
> another domU _of the same name_ from another xen host. I
> meant to do the migrate but did not expect it to replace the
> domU on the destination host. (I forgot that the two domUs
> had the same name.)

Yeah, that's not so user friendly.

As it happens, I already have this on the bug list -- this happened by
accident during the Xen tutorial at Linux Kongress while people were
having fun passing a VM around between their laptops. The VNC display of
the VM (which was running an animated fractal viewer) was being
projected on to a big screen :-)

Ian