[Xen-users] Using Xen as a jail for malicious code

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Using Xen as a jail for malicious code
From: Rob Renaud <rrenaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:04:03 -0400
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:01:26 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am beginning to write some open source programming contest software
(http://threec.berlios.de).  I am wondering if Xen would be a suitable
jail for arbitrary and anonymous code submitted for the judging
software.  I'd like to ensure that code can run for only a limited
time, use a limited amount of memory, and not have access to resources
including the network and most of the judger's filesystem.