Re: [Xen-users] XEN on evms root

Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 12:44 +0200, Martin Andersson wrote:
title Gentoo/Xen
kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
module /my_xen_kernel root=/dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/evms/root init=/linuxrc udev doevms2
module /my_xen_initrd

/Ernst

Ok , so it boots xen.gz and then it finds the vmlinuz-kernel and start to boot.. but then it get's kernel panic.

RAMDISK: Couldn't find a valid RAM disk image starting at 0
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

Well well.. could make sense if I hadn't compiled ramdisk support.. but now I don't know.

any ideas? ;)

 Martin

Likely you have a typo or are passing something invalid. Using names
like my_xen_kernel and my_xen_initrd would not seem to be a good idea
also, but that likely has nothing to do with your problem.

Did you look at the fine Gentoo wiki?

Regards,
Ted
Yes I looked at the wiki, but there is nothing there in root on evms. And I don't use xen_kernel and so on.

title  Xen 3.0.0 / Linux 2.6.12.5
 kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=98304
module /vmlinuz-2.6.12.5-xen0 root=/dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/evms/root init=/linuxrc udev doevms2 noreboot
 module /initramfs-2.6.12.5-xen0

I've checked the filenames over and over.. Somehow it dislikes my ramdisk ;)

 Martin