[Xen-users] Re: console access for domU owners

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: console access for domU owners
From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 07:58:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:59:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stephen Le wrote:
I'm running a number of domU's on a server, each with a console bound
to a specific local port. I'd like to provide the users of my domU's
with access to the console, but I was wondering how people have been
able to do this while limiting access to the console ports. That is, I
could provide the users with a shell on the local machine, but then
they could telnet into any console port they wanted -- I want them to
be only able to telnet into the console port of their domU.

I vaguely recall iptables in very modern Linux kernels having (experimental?) support for rules that take into account the user attempting the connection.