Re: [Xen-users] xenU/glibc/nptl on RHEL 4/Centos 4.1

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xenU/glibc/nptl on RHEL 4/Centos 4.1
From: Jeb Campbell <jebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:44:36 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:42:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Smoking Man wrote:
Anyone have rebuilt glibc (x86/32) rpms for RHEL 4/Centos 4.1 with the gcc's -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs flag available around ? (to avoid performance drop on top of a NPTL based Dom0). Unfortunatelly we have around a closed source app that breaks if i disable NPTL...

I would be willing to test if you can get a hold of them. Too busy to rebuild myself (and haven't used rpms in a while).

As a side note, I used the great images at http://jailtime.org to jumpstart a centos 4.1 and zimbra install, but had all kinds of problems until I re-enabled /lib/tls. I would love to see if this would help and get rid of all the warning messages from xen.

--
Jeb Campbell
jebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx