Re: [Xen-users] Re: xenU vbd error -22

do you have a kxbwatch thread that is stuck in disk wait?

[root@xeon tools]# ps afx | egrep [k]xb
 3001 ?        D<     0:00  \_ [kxbwatch]

I don't know what it is/means. The thread lives in dom0 and apparently
handles some sort of communiations. I had this trouble with the nightly
snapshot from last night, and now I've updated to mercurial (of a few
hours ago) and see the same thing. I expect I had the same problem with
the 09/28 snapshot, but hadn't actually noticed the 1.00 load average. The
real problem is the error -22 and subsequent timeouts...

   xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver
   vbd: probe of vbd-769 failed with error -22
   xen_blk: Timeout connecting to device!

   xen_net: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
   vif: probe of vif-1 failed with error -22
   xen_net: Timeout connecting to device!

I believe -22 is "invalid parameter"

Running on a dual xeon, on a supermicro motherboard.

-Tom

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Hien Nguyen wrote:

> I have the same problem with :
>
> changeset:   7224:f98c8238e9095a2dad33639211ba95a2a459af12
> tag:         tip
> user:        kaf24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> date:        Wed Oct  5 13:15:56 2005
> summary:     Gentoo compatible stuff has to be done *before* the set -e.
> You could also do
>

> Regards,
>
>  Hien Nguyen
>  Linux Technology Center             AUSTIN
>  Phone: (512) 838-4140            Tie Line: 678-4140
>  e-mail: hien1@xxxxxxxxxx

tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   | Drive thy business, or it will drive thee.
http://BareMetal.com/  | - Benjamin Franklin
web hosting since '95  |