Re: [Xen-users] NBD, GNBD, or NFS, and where to use LVM?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steven McCoy <fnjordy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] NBD, GNBD, or NFS, and where to use LVM?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:31:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:27:15 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't use NFS as a root filesystem if you can help it - it's known to be
problematic on Linux.

If you use *NBD, how about importing the Network block dev into dom0, then
re-exporting as a standard virtual block dev to the guest.  That way you hide
your storage setup from all the domUs.

There used to be a script for automatically connecting to NBDs on behalf of
domUs at create-time - don't know if it's still there, if it works, etc but
it might be worth a look.

Cheers,
Mark