Re: [Xen-users] xen on a remote computer, installing virtual machines wi

To: Sueveges Gyoergy <georg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen on a remote computer, installing virtual machines without cds
From: Robin van Leeuwen <rvl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:15:45 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:13:42 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My guess is try a standarized kernel first. I don't know much about grub,
but is it possible to set up a kernel to boot default and if it fails switch back
to an original kernel?

Is there somebody that had physical access and can select a kernel at boot?

If your standarized kernel works, try incrementing little tweaks.
If you can set up an almost identical machine locally (same mb would help a
lot)...

Kind regards,

robin.

Sueveges Gyoergy wrote:

Hi All,

I have just downloaded xen. We rent a computer with suse 9.3 (1000km from here, access with ssh2). I'd like to install 2 virtual machines (both with suse), of course without CD or floppy (due to distance). So I have no X and no CD. In this case what can be the best way to install xen, and the virtual machines?

Thnx
 George

ps: As I see in the documentation, xen can be configured only with grub. I have lilo, so xen with lilo is not possible?