Re: [Xen-users] Failed Network

To: Xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Failed Network
From: MCresearch <mike.pk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:23:28 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:13:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok so after three days of farkling with this thing I found a solution. Although I tried the "noapic" xen boot option to no result, if I turn off apic support in the *bios* then the network card comes up. I don't know if this a specific problem to nForce3 motherboards, my specific motherboard, shuttle boards, or something more general, but I thought I'd post this in case someone else runs across this same nightmare.

Another note, if I run with "noapic" xen boot option and the APIC support turned off in BIOS, I ran across some IRQ conflicts. I had to just turn off the apic support in bios and leave the Xen boot options without "noapic". I don't know how stable this is yet, but here's fingers crossed.

-Mike