[Xen-users] Re: conceptualizing dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: conceptualizing dom0
From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:04:29 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 06:02:20 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 09:47:02PM -0700, Kent Watsen wrote:
> I've got Xen up and running with a simple DomU, but my question is
> simple - should dom0 ever be used to get real work done or should it be
> left alone for the hypervisor?

For security and stability reasons, I leave my dom0s as minimalistic as
possible.  Considering you can have as many domUs as you like, I don't
really see much benefit to be gained from running stuff in the dom0.

- Matt

--
Windows is too dangerous to be left to Windows admins.
                -- James Riden, ASR