RE: [Xen-users] SMP and Memory Limits

To: "Gordan Bobic" <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] SMP and Memory Limits
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:16:01 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:21:45 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That would be 3.5 GB in total, since the only way to access more than
this amount of memory would involve using address extended page table,
which isn't supported by Xen 2.0.x. 64-bit x86 actually uses the
exisiting PAE, but with an added page-table level so that a bigger than
36-bit address can be supported.

> > Processor count I'm not sure
> > of, but I would think that it would be capable of running on 16
> > processors...
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> Did you send that only to me and not the list deliberately,
> or accidentally?

It was meant to go to everyone, but for some reason I selected the wrong
button when clicking reply... :-(

--
Mats