Re: [Xen-users] More basic questions

To: Derrik Pates <demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] More basic questions
From: Paul Reilly <pareilly@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:54:54 +0100 (IST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:52:45 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for all that feedback.
That's excellent.

> Doing 'make ARCH=xen oldconfig' doesn't generate a kernel, it only checks
> to see if there are any config options not set in your current .config
> that need to, and if so, queries for their settings.

Oh yeah. Forgot to say I also did another 'make ARCH=xen' to build
the kernel :-)

But when I do the 'make ARCH=xen menuconfig'  - I don't get to see half
the device driver options I normally get to see if I do a non xen
architecture build. I need to enable a number of things for my
custom kernel (ext3 acls,tigon3 ethernet,megaraid,i2c support etc)
for my dom0 kernel, but it's not listed in the Xen menuconfig options.
Can I just copy in the config lines to my xen built .config ? That
doesn't seem to work. How can add support for these extra device drivers?

> It can only ask the domain to shutdown. That doesn't guarantee that it
> will do so. Doing an 'xm destroy' will actually terminate the domain by

Yeah destroy works.
I guess the domain is waiting to shutdown.

Thanks

Paul