[Xen-users] Two interfaces in a guest domain

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Two interfaces in a guest domain
From: Ramiro Brito Willmersdorf <ramiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:49:27 -0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:51:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm still having problems with my 'upgrade' to the FC4 xen packages.
I have a domain with two virtual network interfaces, in two different
subnets.

For a domain with a single interface, the new networkd setup script works
fine, but it does work (for me) with two interfaces.

It used to work fine, and I used to set it up with simply by more or
less blindly doing this:

case ${OP} in
    start)
        $p/network start bridge=xen-br0 netdev=eth0 antispoof=no
        $p/network start bridge=xen-br1 netdev=eth1 antispoof=no
        ;;

where $p/network was the original (xen 2) network setup script
for a bridged configuration.

The same thing does not work for the new scripts, since there
are hardcoded devices in there: veth0, peth0, vif0.0.

I tried to put these on variables, but hit a serious problem:
it seems that veth0 is something that is created by xen 'kernel',
and there is only one of it. Does it mean that there can be just
one bridged interface now? I certainly don't want to bridge the
two subnets together.

I'll try to set the other interface one using the same technique as the
xen 2 scripts did, but I've read on the mailing list arvhives that bridged
interfaces are unreliable unless they use veth0, no?

I'm a bit confused and would really appreciate some help.

--
Ramiro Brito Willmersdorf  Dep. Engenharia Mecânica/UFPE
ramiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        tel: +55 81 2126-8231e239