Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xen installation

Mark Williamson wrote (ao):
> Easiest way to build your kernels:
>
> * Download Xen source bia tarball or mercurial.
> * make world
> * cd linux-2.6.whatever-xen0
> * make ARCH=xen menuconfig # change stuff
> * cd ..
> * make dist
>
> *Should* pick up your config changes and put the build kernels under the
> dist/install/ tree.

Exactly, this is (almost) how I do it too, and It Works For Me(tm).

I copy the xen0 kernel .config to a different place, copy my own .config
in place, do a 'make ARCH=xen oldconfig', and look in the xen0 .config
what I need to answer.

The documentation on
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html
is very good. Kudos!