RE: [Xen-users] Default bridge

To: "'Nick Craig-Wood'" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Default bridge
From: "Sylvain COUTANT" <sco@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:38:18 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:36:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > I create all my bridges at boot and I don't want Xen to do anything
> > at all at this level. Even if I give the name of an existing bridge
> > in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, it always add eth0 to it. Is there
> > another way than editing /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge to avoid
> > this ? Some undocumented setting ?
>
> Try setting
>
> (vif-bridge        null)

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it on a test server.

> That might do more than you want though.  You can always make your own
> vif-bridge script, eg
>
> (vif-script        vif-my-bridge)

Default script for domU vifs is OK for me. Just I do not want to have a bridge
created or modified at boot time. It does too much mess (hangs my server
exactly: creating a bridge on a dhcp+nfsroot interface is a real bad idea ;-).

Regards,

--
Sylvain COUTANT

ADVISEO