Re: [Xen-users] Xen + VServer

> What advantage does Vserver have compared to Xen – why should it make
> sense to use both?
>
> I never looked into Vserver, so every information is welcome.

Everyone else seems to have given a pretty good account of this, but I'll give
my summary anyhow:

Adv of Xen over VServer:
* Stronger isolation
* Stronger accounting
* Heterogeneous guests
* Live migration

Adv of VServer over Xen:
* Very simple to manipulate guest filesystems
* Maximal resource sharing
* Don't have to "preallocate" disk space and memory space
* Even lower performance penalty (though for many workloads it won't make
much / any difference)

Similar arguments apply to Solaris Zones and FreeBSD Jails (both of which are
similar to VServer) in functionality.

Cheers,
Mark