[Xen-users] Options for >4GB setups

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Options for >4GB setups
From: "Gino LV. Ledesma" <gledesma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:30:53 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:29:14 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, everyone

I know that this has been asked to death on the list, and in the past
few days I've been trying to see if there were other options for
getting a xen host to use more than 4GB of RAM.

I've tried xen-unstable x86_64 on Xeon EM64Ts as well as xen-unstable
with the initial PAE support but neither got me too far from booting:
the former hangs when using the supplied binaries in
xen-unstable-x86_64 and the latter a known bug at domain_build.c:327.

And I know that the developers (who are really hard at work) have said
that xen 3.0 may be coming out really soon now, but was wondering if
there were anys suggestions for the impatient ones. ;-)

Many thanks!

- gino